Terrible customer service
Posted Jul 28, 2016
Staff did not seem to understand basics of customer service:
* Had to argue for more than 20min on check-in that if expedia had allowed me to book a room for my family of four, that they needed to provide a room that accommodated 4 people. Check-in tried to insist that we needed to upgrade to a larger room (at extra cost).
* Had bizarre disagreement where I was informed that it was no longer possible to get towels at the poolside because all the towels were "gone". Turns out they weren't all gone, I just needed to made aware in great detail that I was putting housekeeping out by making them fetch me some, and that it would be far easier for them if I just went to my room and got my own towels. Then had to sign for extra towels on the off chance that I'd travelled halfway around the world to steal frayed towels that had clearly seen better days
* Pool guy threw empty coke cans into the river... I kid you not! And they pride themselves on their riverfront location.
* There were always a lot of staff hanging around, but you had to go hunting for them if you wanted to order drink or food.
* On our last day, we got grilled by the cleaning staff outside our room as to when we were going to vacate the room. This was at 10am, when check-out was at 12.
Hotel has that "on the slow decline to derelict" feeling. Clientele appears to be large bus tours who, presumably, don't have any control over where they stay.