Location, location and location. We were given a map with complete infor of the attractions as well as the route to go about. we covered everything in 2 days. With family of 5, we were given a private room consists of 3 bunk bed. private and just enough as we only needed a place to rest. 24 hours front desk with helpful and cheerful staffs.
Traveller from KL, Malaysia
Located in Huertas, this hostel is within a 10-minute walk of Congress of Deputies and Prado Museum. Plaza Mayor and Royal …More
I had a street facing room which was noisy. Coffee making facilities are in the hallway which was inconvenient especially as breakfast was not available in the hotel. Staff were pleasant but not over friendly. I could not get the TV to work. There was no light over the desk and the lighting in the room was poor. Difficult to read in such dim conditions. The bed was comfortable.
Traveller from London
Located in Huertas, this boutique hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and Prado Museum. Plaza Mayor …More
Excellent hotel, with very nice staff in a great location.
However I felt it was a little expensive to pay an extra 66 Euro for an extra bed, obviously the room was already paid for and they simply pulled out the sofa bed that was already in the room..
other than that it's a lovely stay.
Traveller from Leicester
Located in Huertas, this hotel is steps from Teatro Espanol and Plaza de Santa Ana. Congress of Deputies and Prado Museum are …More
As this was in the next price category above hostels, I wasn't expecting great things. But, actually I found it to be a great little apartment, very much as per the pictures. Spacious, clean, bright, modern, with an excellent shower.
The location is incredibly central, very safe, and close to metro and supermarkets. And it was very very quiet. Clearly not attracting the hostel crowd!
One thing worth noting, as Six Rooms emails and addresses are very confusing. Their office is on Calle Relatores, easy to spot sign. I met them there, it's only round the corner. The apartment itself is on Calle Atocha.
Located in Huertas, this apartment is within a 10-minute walk of Plaza del Angel, Plaza Mayor, and Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum …More
A good price with its location right in the centre and not to noisy. The room was clean and had a single and double bed. The bathroom was a little bit on the small side. If you are just after somewhere to sleep and shower this is a great choice.
Traveller from Liverpool. UK
Located in Huertas, this hostal is within a 10-minute walk of Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and Prado Museum. Plaza Mayor and El …More
- Responsive property manager and someone was there when we arrived (not sure if this was by design or coincidence since we spoke about the same amount of limited English/Spanish) to point out the basic features of the apartment.
- Convenient location to the main museums, pretty short walk to main shopping area, and a not unpleasant, but longer walker to La Latina and Royal Palace areas
- Good basic facilities (washing machine, fridge, pull out sofa bed, etc)
Other (not necessarily cons, but not pros...):
- You get what you pay for. This was a pretty inexpensive apartment in a major city. The bed/pillows/towels were pretty uncomfortable and the apartment was a little stuffy. There was also hair from previous occupants that stuck on some of the rugs/couch. Nothing gross, just kind of like couch surfing...
- Pretty spotty wifi connection, especially in the bedroom area
We had our 10 month old baby with us on the trip. For 20 EUR (rate could change) for the stay, we were able to borrow a pack and play for her to sleep in, which was helpful, although there wasn't a lot of extra space for it, so keep that in mind when planning. There was also an elevator and a slight ramp towards the door, which made entering/exiting with her easy.
Located in Golden Triangle of Art, this apartment is within a 10-minute walk of Royal Botanical Garden, Prado Museum, and …More