Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Hveragerdi, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Scenic and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its hot springs and riverfront. Top sights around the area include Thingvellir National Park and Skalafell Ski Area.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Hveragerdi
- The closest major airport is in Reykjavik (RKV-Reykjavik Domestic), 22.8 mi (36.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hveragerdi
The hot springs, hiking trails, and riverfront exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Reykjadalur Valley and Geothermal park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hveragerdi Church and LA Art Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Hveragerdi. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Frost and Fire - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable beds and overall condition.
- Hotel Eldhestar - Our customers like the overall value and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Frumskógar Guesthouse - This 2.5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable beds.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Thingvellir National Park, 16 mi/25.8 km from the city center, and Skalafell Ski Area, which is 16.4 mi/26.3 km away.
Dressing for Hveragerdi
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 41°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 55°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 57°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 48°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 30.71 inches of rain falls on Hveragerdi each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 56°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 28°F