Travelers to Ingiriya will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 151 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 36.9 mi (59.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ingiriya
Places to visit in the larger region include Katugas Ella Falls, Ratnapura National Museum, and Gnanasiha Tapowana Vihara. In the area, you'll also find Richmond Castle and Kalatura Beach.
As you start planning for your getaway to Ingiriya, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 151 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Wild Spring is located in central Ingiriya. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Ingiriya can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- AVANI Kalutara Resort is located 0.8 mi (1.2 km) from the heart of Ingiriya. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Kalutara can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Turyaa Kalutara is 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the center of Ingiriya. This 4.5-star hotel in Wadduwa features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Ingiriya
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ingiriya is 3.66 inches
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F