“Disappointing amenities and service; falls short
Posted Sep 6, 2016 on Orbitz
Disappointed by what appears to be a modern hotel that falls short of expectation. While the roof deck, lobby and room is nice, and the staff tries to be friendly; it fell short when it came to things like:
1. Asked about a hot jacuzzi then finding out it is only a very cold jacuzzi.
2. A room that smelled musty/dank.
3. Being asked to pay $5 USD for a piece of plastic to cover your hair just to sit in the cold jacuzzi.
4. Being denied a request for a corkscrew or for a small iron to remove a wrinkle.
5. Poor quality Wi-Fi in restaurant and room. Multiple dropped calls.
6. When I tried (within 2 hours of check-in on the first day) to cancel my 2nd day stay, the front desk told me, with confidence, that I just needed to contact Orbitz . I did so, after spending a frustrating hour on the phone with Orbitz (dropped calls on poor quality hotel Wi-Fi). I was later told by Orbitz and then later by the front desk that it was the hotel (only) that refused to cancel my stay (I paid the hotel directly). When I e-mailed hotel management they told me to speak to a front desk manager in the morning. None was available around 10 AM. So they refused to allow me to stay only one day instead of two days and tried to falsely blame Orbitz.
7. The quality of the breakfast was "ok" and far short of the Marmara Hotel, for example.
All of these issues have been inconsistent with many great hotels in this great country.
Comment from Hotel Management
Sep 9, 2016 by mt, Hotel Management
Dear our valued guest,
Even we, all staff have tried everything to make you happy during your stay at our hotel but we could not make it. Let us big apologize! Maybe just because it is really hard sometimes to make happy some kind of persons all around the world and you might be one of those?
All the best.