goodlocation,didn't hve to take a taxi frm airport
Posted Jul 2, 2013
I was terrified from the hotel reading the reviews, but what it's true;
1. excellent location, 2 min from Taksim sq. I just took the Havatas bus from Ataturk airport (10 TL) and didn't need to take a taxi.
2. Typical 3 stars hotel as in Egypt (not european standard), but so small, only 4 rooms in a floor, very small rooms (i didn't care i just wanted a clean n comfortable place to stay for the nights) would be fine for those who don't seek a great luxury.
3. only the receptionist who knows english, a bit poor english. I overcame this problem with other staff, downloading google translate offline languages( turkish & english) on my tablet, i wrote what i needed in english , it was translated n the turkish staff could read it, and did what i wanted.
4. yes, the street where the hotel is located is narrow and steep, but that's the way most of streets of Istanbul, the city is already eslablished on a hill.
5. to reach the hotel
- make the marmara hotel on your right
- turn right just after marmara
- at the end of this street you'll find Taksim star express hotel
6. the air condition worked properly
the hot water was there all day n night
the room was clean
the wifi worked
the sheets didn't have holes as what it was said in other reviews.
Finally, a good value for the rate paid, and yes i would come again.