Good hotel if you're looking for a bargain
Posted Apr 12, 2011
Overall, this was a good hotel, though I agree not a 4-star. You get what you pay for, so for a low price it was a good deal. There is a spa/hamam in the lower floors, but there was nobody there when we tried to go in. Here are the pros and cons:
- Great location - five minute walk to the Grand Bazaar, 15 to Blue Mosque. Yes it's several blocks down the hill, but no big deal for us.
- Decent restaurant with buffet breakfast (included) and dinner (extra charge, but reasonable prices).
- Nice staff. Most spoke little English, but the front desk folks spoke it well.
- There's a mosque right across the street, so bring earplugs if you don't want to wake up to the 4am call to prayer.
- The A/C didn't work. No big deal for us since it was cool most of the time, but it might get miserable in the summer.
- Very small rooms. We booked a room for two adults and a child and they literally had to wedge the extra cot in between our bed and the wall.
- Thin walls. Not only could we hear the people in the next room, but there was a wedding reception in the the restaurant one night, and the music could be heard in our room (we were one floor below).
- Wireless Internet in the rooms is spotty. In our room, the signal was weak if you stood by the door, non existent as you backed you went into the room. We had to go into the hall.
This is definitely not a 4-star hotel, but if you're looking for a low-cost, low-frills hotel (place to sleep, not to hang out), this is it.