Stay here when nothing else is available
Posted Oct 12, 2015
This was the first time we booked a pet friendly hotel only to find out that this is no longer the case. The owner called the room with quite a tone in her voice because I had neglected to tell her we had two small dogs and shouting at me because I hadn't seen the sign about dogs. This was immediately after a young girl had just overdosed on the sidewalk outside our room. After the paramedics and ambulance left, I went to the office to straighten things out. Turns out they are no longer pet friendly, and she was standing directly in front of said sign. I paid our charges and got everything cleared up, but by then she and I were BOTH pretty shaken up. I left on a positive note, but her delivery was very,very wrong.
When we checked out the next morning, she couldn't have been more pleasant to me, but I already had a very bad memory to take with me.