Visitors can enjoy all that Izumo has to offer including the temples, monuments, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and museums.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Izumo
- The closest major airport is in Izumo (IZO), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Yonago (YGJ), 30.5 mi (49 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Izumo
The city is notable for landmarks like Izumo Cultural Tradition Hall, Shimane Flower Village, and Izumo Taisha. The city's natural beauty is on display at Hamayama Park, Kojindani Historical Park, and Atagoyama Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Imaoka Art Museum and Hatago Oda Onsen.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Izumo. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Takenoya Ryokan - With a stay at this 3.5-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Dormy Inn Izumo - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a sauna, along with free WiFi.
- Izumo Royal Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
Getting Around Izumo
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Izumo Izumoshi Station or Izumo Izumotaishama Station. Izumo may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Izumo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 32°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Izumo is 1.50 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F