Visitors can enjoy all that Ja-Ela has to offer including the zoo, cafés, and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. A top sight in the area is Negombo Beach.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Ja-Ela
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ja-Ela
A favorite place to visit in the city is Guruge Nature Park. Additionally, you'll find Negombo Beach in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Ja-Ela. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Tikiri Villa is located in central Ja-Ela. Guests who stay at this 3-star villa in Ja-Ela can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and free parking, along with an in-room dining area.
- Riverside Hotel Colombo is located 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in Ja-Ela features free WiFi, free parking, and 24-hour room service.
- Blue Gum Hotel is 1.8 mi (3 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star hotel in Ja-Ela features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Ja-Ela
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Ja-Ela gets about 2.44 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F