Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Jackson, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and lively bar scene. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the city include Jackson Town Square, Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum, and Snow King Resort.
- You'll find 690 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jackson Hole
- The closest major airport is in Jackson Hole, WY (JAC), 8.7 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jackson
The city's cultural venues include Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum and National Museum of Wildlife Art. The mountain views and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including National Elk Refuge, Phil Baux Park, and Laurance Rockfeller Preserve. Top activities include skiing and wildlife viewing, while Snow King Resort is one place to visit.
In Jackson, there are 157 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Huff House Inn - Our customers love the spacious and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Wort Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Other top sights in Jackson include Jackson Town Square. Popular places to visit around the area include Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, located 8 mi (12.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Grand Targhee Resort, which is 23.4 mi (37.7 km) away.
Dressing for Jackson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 5°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 28°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 6°F as the nighttime average
- About 16.85 inches of rain falls on Jackson each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°F