History buffs will enjoy exploring Jackson, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its university setting, coffeehouses, and shopping. A top sight in the city is Michigan International Speedway.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Jackson
- The closest major airport is in Ann Arbor, MI (ARB-Ann Arbor Municipal), 33.9 mi (54.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lansing, MI (LAN-Capital Region Intl.), 37.6 mi (60.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jackson
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Purple Rose Theatre, Ella Sharp Museum, and George E. Potter Center. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Honolulu House. The city's natural beauty is on display at Cascade Falls, Wamplers Lake, and Hayes State Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Jackson. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Albion - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Rose Corner Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and spa services, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson MI - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other top sights in Jackson include Michigan International Speedway.
Getting Around Jackson
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Jackson Station or Albion Station. Jackson might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Jackson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Jackson is 31.50 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F