The home is a classic elegant southern beach home and features a private swimming pool, hot tub, elevator, 8 bedroom, 5 1/2 bathroom and 5 large balcony decks. The home has magnificent unobstructed water views from every room from every angle. It has a large gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances and level 5 granite counter tops (installed Jan 2021), beautiful hard wood floor in the living area, elegant furnishings, and two living areas (for when the young adults want to have their own space). The home sleeps 17-19 comfortably. It is perfect for large family groups with several generations. Each room has flat screen TV for when you want to get away for some personal time.
The home sits on the second row of the very desirable “South Shore Drive” and is walking distance to town, restaurants and shops. South Shore Drive is a 25 mph, upscale oceanfront beach road that is only local traffic. It is wonderful for walking or bike riding. The home is steps from two beach accesses (one handicap access and wheel chair ramp). There is parking for 6 cars with additional parking available across the street.
The yard is like a private resort with fenced yard, swimming pool, outdoor seating, and dining and entertainment areas. There is a 6 foot outdoor bar counter for entertaining and food service. The property is beautifully landscaped with 10 large palm trees in the back yard for a tropical paradise feel, large ever blooming shrub roses, and foot messaging soft Bermuda grass.
There are two beach accesses a short walk across the street (one equipped with a handicap ramp).
This home was built in 2006 and was the private residence of the owner. We purchased the home from the original owner in late December 2015 and began renting for the 2016 season. We wanted to share our lovely home as a rental so that others could enjoy not only the quality of the home and all it has to offer but also to bring their entire family and have enough space to really relax and enjoy one another. It is decorated as luxury accommodations.
What you need to know about this home:
All deck furniture is not created equal! Ever go to a beach home that advertises great decks and find that there is either no deck furniture, not enough deck furniture or the furniture that they have is low cheap plastic seating that leaves you looking through the deck railing as though they were prison bars? This home features 18 height top ultra comfortable resin deck furniture spread over the 5 decks. In addition, there are 6 lounge chairs, and 2 resin picnic tables and 4 outdoor bar stools. What that means is that EVERYBODY has someplace to sit and enjoy the great outdoors!
All bedding is not created equal!
Ever go on vacation to a great home and not get the full rest and enjoyment because you couldn’t get a good night’s due to horrible bedding?? This home features ultra premium Simmons “Black” and Simmons “World Class” Beauty Rest mattresses. Everyone has good bedding in this home (including the bunk beds)!
All kitchens are not created equal!
The gourmet kitchen featuring granite counter tops and stainless appliances. For your cooking pleasure it is equipped with 18/8 stainless steel 3 ply cookware, with quality Chicago Cutlery knives, and Martha Steward kitchen gadgets to delight even the fussiest beach chef. There are ample bamboo and cherry cutting boards for food prep and the home is well stocked with dishware and glasses. We also have an assortment of plastic beverage ware so that you can enjoy your favorite margarita or soda on the by the pool and on the beach.
The seating for eating: The kitchen table seats 10 and there is an additional pub table that seats 6 as well as seating for 3 at the kitchen bar counter. In addition there is outdoor ding areas for those that prefer to eat outside either pool side.
The home has 10 TVs (most are smart TVs). Four of the 10 TVs have DVRs. The 75 inch Ultra 4K flat screen HDTV in the upper living area can be viewed with crystal clarity throughout the 3rd floor common area. This TV also has DVR and DVD player. The DVR is a nice treat you won’t find in many rentals. This allows you to record your favorite shows or pause live TV so that you can enjoy your vacation on your time, and not have to miss any of your favorite shows or sports events. You can also maximize your vacation time by recording your favorite shows and being able to fast forward through the commercials. This gives you more beach time with you family.
Family time in the common areas:
In the evenings when the sun is down and you are ready to wind down, sink into the butter soft leather sofas and chairs. Put your feet up on a leather ottoman, relax on the leather recliners or glider rockers and settle in for relaxation. Meanwhile, the kids may be enjoying their favorite shows, DVDs or games in the bunk rooms or first level common sitting area. The lower living area gives the children and young adults their own place to hang-out. When the kids are happy…. The adults are happy! !
Since this is one of the highest elevation homes in Surf City, Spectacular Ocean, sound and town views are available from nearly every window and every angle of this reversed floor plan home. Reversed floor plan means that the bedrooms are on the lower levels and the main living area is on an upper level to take advantage of the great views. To be honest, this house is so ideally located that you will think every deck is your favorite view! You can even see the Surf City turning bridge from the deck of the home.
The Sleeping arrangements:
Because we know that it is frequently a large extended family or friends that rent this home together, we have made sure that there are 5 king bedrooms so that everyone gets a great room equipped with ultra premium bedding.
• One fourth floor King Ocean front Master Suite with slider to private uppermost deck. This room has 10 large windows for breath taking views. This room features a Simmons “World Class” BeautyRest, Recharge Luxury firm ultra-plush pillow-top mattress. This room is also equipped with a DVR.
• One King room on main level (which is the 3rd floor) with pool view and massive private deck. This room features a Simmons “Black” Ultra Firm mattress. The room has a walk in closet, slider doors to the deck overlooking the pool, and access to full bath located just outside the door
• One King Master ocean front room on the second floor. This room features a Simmons “Black” firm plush pillow-Top mattress. The room has a slider to covered deck and breathtaking ocean views. This bedroom has private bath, large “Jacuzzi” brand jetted garden soaking tub and walk in closet. This room is also equipped with a DVR.
• One King pool view room which features a Simmons “World Class” BeautyRest plush pillow-top mattress with walk slider door to deck overlooking the yard and pool.
• One King room with slider door to deck overlooking pool on second floor featuring Simmons World Class Beautyrest, Recharge Plush Pillowtop mattress.
• One Queen with window view of ocean and Surf City Pier on second level
• On the ground level there is one room with a twin XL over Queen. This bunk was custom built for adults and has 46” between the upper and lower beds. The Queen is also a Simmons World Class Beautyrest, Recharge, Plush Pillow top mattress. This room has a door that directly opens to the pool area and fenced in yard and a massive TV
• One ground level room with two sets of twin over full bunks. This room has a door that directly opens to the pool area and fenced in yard. This room also has massive HD TV.
• There is one ground level room that previously was used as a bedroom but we have converted it to serve as a second common “living area” for the youth and young adults. The room has a leather sofa and chair and also features a large flat screen HD smart TV, and second refrigerator. This is a place for some family members to hang out and relax.
In addition to the mattresses themselves, because we think our guests deserve the very best in a peasant and worry free vacation, we have equipped the bedding in this home with FDA approved, class 1 medical device bed and pillow covers. What this means to you, is that your bedding is FDA certified to be protected from bedbugs, dust mites, allergens, bacteria, and liquid penetration. It is all about giving our guests the peace of mind that they deserve for a worry free vacation. After all, you vacation is an important investment of your time, money and memories. We know those memories will last a lifetime and we want them to be all fantastic!
Finally, this home is equipped with hurricane shutters to make sure your home safely weathers event the worst of storms!
In today’s fast pace lifestyle, there is no room for second best and for the “cross your fingers” strategy to selecting a vacation destination. We have put over 30 years of learning’s into purchasing and