Families will find kid-friendly activities in Jamaica, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, cafés, and live music. Top sights around the area include Long Beach, Brooklyn Museum, and Floating Pool.
- You'll find 1504 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 1.9 mi (3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jamaica
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Jamaica Colosseum Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Prospect Cemetery and King Manor Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Jamaica. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn JFK Airport - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Long Beach, located 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Brooklyn Museum, which is 9.2 mi (14.7 km) away.
Getting Around Jamaica
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Jamaica is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Terminal 1, Sutphin Blvd. Station, and Archer Av. Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Jamaica Locust Manor Station, Jamaica St. Albans Station, or Jamaica Station.
Dressing for Jamaica
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 42.76 inches of rain falls on Jamaica each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F