Visitors can enjoy all that Jayuya has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. El Museo Castillo Serralles, Parque de Bombas, and Arecibo Observatory are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 80 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Ponce (PSE-Mercedita), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mayaguez (MAZ-Eugenio Maria de Hostos), 36.9 mi (59.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jayuya
The city's cultural venues include Cemi Museum and Casa Canales. The city's natural beauty is on display at La Piedra Escrita, Tres Picachos, and Cerro de Punta. In the area, you'll also find El Museo Castillo Serralles and Parque de Bombas.
As you plan for your vacation to Jayuya, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 80 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Howard Johnson Ponce is 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from central Jayuya. This 2.5-star hotel in Ponce features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and helpful staff.
- Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort is 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the center of Jayuya. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Ponce can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a golf course, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Ponce Plaza Hotel & Casino is located 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the heart of Jayuya. This 3.5-star hotel in Ponce features a casino, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and overall condition.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Arecibo Observatory, located 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the city center, and La Guancha, which is 17 mi (27.3 km) away.
Dressing for Jayuya
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 71°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- About 52.48 inches of rain falls on Jayuya each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 71°F