Visitors can enjoy all that Jefferson has to offer including the riverfront, restaurants, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Top sights around the area include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Audubon Park, and City Park.
- You'll find 1395 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jefferson
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Audubon Park, and City Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find National World War II Museum and Jackson Square.
As you plan your vacation to Jefferson, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 1292 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Historic Home Near Uptown - 10 Mins to French Qtr is 0.2 mi (0.4 km) from central Jefferson. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in New Orleans can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and central location.
- Maison Dupuy Hotel is 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the center of Jefferson. This 4-star hotel in New Orleans features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Le Pavillon Hotel is located 6 mi (9.7 km) from the heart of Jefferson. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in New Orleans can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with pillowtop beds. Our customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 6.7 mi/10.7 km from the city center, and French Market, which is 6.7 mi/10.9 km away.
Dressing for Jefferson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Jefferson is 66.61 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 47°F