Visiting Jemez Springs
Visitors can enjoy all that Jemez Springs has to offer including the riverfront, forests, and ski areas. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Jemez Springs
- The closest major airport is in Los Alamos, NM (LAM-Los Alamos County), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Fe, NM (SAF-Santa Fe Municipal), 33.1 mi (53.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jemez Springs
A couple of favorite places to visit are Jemez Historic Site and Kasha-Katuwe National Monument. You'll also find Pajarito Ski Mountain and Karen Wray Fine Art Gallery in the area.
As you plan your trip to Jemez Springs, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 18 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Jemez Mountains Salmo Trutta Cabin is 3.7 mi (6 km) from central Jemez Springs. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Santa Ana Pueblo can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cabin On The River is 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the center of Jemez Springs. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Los Alamos can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- New! 3BR House W/views, Steps From the Jemez River is located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the heart of Jemez Springs. This 4-star resort in La Cienega features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Jemez Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Jemez Springs is 18.86 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 20°F