Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly hotel with restaurant and outdoor pool
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Johannesburg hotel is located near the airport, within 1 mi (2 km) of Melrose Arch Shopping Centre and Wanderers Stadium. Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Sandton City Mall are also within 3 mi (5 km).
A restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a nightclub are available at this hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a poolside bar, and a 24-hour business center are onsite.
All 118 soundproofed rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and 24-hour room service. Guests can enjoy deep soaking tubs, and other standard amenities include DVD players, minibars, and LCD TVs.
- Comfortable rooms
- Good location
- Proximity to shopping
- Helpful staff
African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel
The hotel offers a restaurant. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. This 5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 8331 square feet (774 square meters) include a conference center. This luxury hotel also offers an outdoor pool, a nightclub, and a terrace. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel has designated areas for smoking.
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms 6
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Express check-in
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Shopping on site
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 118
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 4
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 774
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Free pool cabanas
- Pool sun loungers
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Conference space size (feet) - 8331
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Designated smoking areas
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- 24-hour business center
- Year Built 2003
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free wired Internet
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Rainfall showerhead
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 11 AM.
March Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Library Bar - This bar specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Open daily.
Pool Bar - This poolside bar specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch only. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Open daily.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- A 1 percent city/local tax will be charged
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Breakfast fee: between ZAR 225 and ZAR 255 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 680.00 per vehicle (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: ZAR 680.00
- Self parking fee: ZAR 85.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: ZAR 85.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- An early check-in fee will be charged
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- African Arch
- African Pride Melrose
- African Pride Melrose Arch
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel
- Melrose Arch African Pride
- Pride Melrose Arch
- Pride Melrose Arch Hotel
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg
- African Pride Melrose Arch Johannesburg
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.