Get an overview of this hotelSuburban hotel with restaurant and outdoor pool
Popular property highlights
Situated in the entertainment district, this hotel is 0.3 mi (0.4 km) from Melrose Arch Shopping Centre and within 3 mi (5 km) of Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Sandton City Mall. Sandton Convention Centre is 2.7 mi (4.4 km) away.
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and 2 bars/lounges. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a fitness center, a coffee shop/café, and a snack bar/deli are onsite.
All 197 rooms offer free WiFi, 24-hour room service, and LCD TVs with satellite channels. Minibars, coffee makers, and free bottled water are among the other amenities available to guests.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch features an outdoor pool and a fitness center. The hotel offers a restaurant, a coffee shop/café, and a snack bar/deli. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of hotel's 2 bars/lounges. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 4-star property offers access to a business center and meeting rooms. 7 meeting rooms are available. This business-friendly hotel also offers a terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and a garden. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge. A total renovation of this property was completed in July 2012.
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch is a smoke-free property.
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 5
- Year Built 2009
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Outdoor pool
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 197
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Hair dryer
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Partially open bathroom
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Shower only
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch has a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness center.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, health club, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 6 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- A 1 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Breakfast fee: between ZAR 195 and ZAR 195 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 590 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: ZAR 65 per night
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice Melrose Arch Johannesburg
- Protea Fire Ice Melrose Arch Johannesburg
- Protea Fire Ice Melrose Arch
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice Marriott JHB Melrose Arch Johannesburg
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice Marriott JHB Melrose Arch
- Protea Fire Ice Marriott JHB Melrose Arch Johannesburg
- Protea Fire Ice Marriott JHB Melrose Arch
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice by Marriott Johannesburg Melrose Arch
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Up to 2 children 6 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.
Get an extra 10% off or more!
See if this hotel is eligible for member pricing
You agree to receive deals and offers from Expedia, and may unsubscribe at any time.
Already a member? Sign in
Need Help Booking?
Speak live with an Expedia Travel Expert