Get an overview of this hotelSuburban hotel with restaurant and outdoor pool
Situated in the entertainment district, this hotel is 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from Wanderers Stadium and within 3 mi (5 km) of Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Sandton City Mall. Sandton Convention Centre is 2.7 mi (4.4 km) away.
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a coffee shop/café, and a snack bar/deli are onsite.
All 197 rooms provide conveniences like refrigerators and coffee makers, plus free WiFi and LCD TVs with satellite channels. Guests will also find 24-hour room service, free bottled water, and hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch features an outdoor pool and a fitness center. The hotel offers a restaurant, a coffee shop/café, and a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 4-star property offers access to a business center and meeting rooms. 7 meeting rooms are available. This business-friendly hotel also offers a terrace, a garden, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. Onsite parking is available (surcharge). A total renovation of this property was completed in July 2012.
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch is a smoke-free property.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 197
- Number of floors - 6
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Fitness facilities
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Free WiFi
- Meeting rooms 5
- Luggage storage
- Year Built 2009
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Snack bar/deli
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Outdoor pool
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Laundry facilities
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Smoke-free property
- Television in common areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Hair dryer
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Partially open bathroom
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Shower only
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- LCD TV
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch has a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness center.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, health club, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 6 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service animals are allowed
No rollaway/extra beds available
- A 1 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: ZAR 185 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 590 per vehicle (one-way)
- Self parking fee: ZAR 65 per night
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice Melrose Arch Johannesburg
- Protea Fire Ice Melrose Arch Johannesburg
- Protea Fire Ice Melrose Arch
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice Marriott JHB Melrose Arch Johannesburg
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice Marriott JHB Melrose Arch
- Protea Fire Ice Marriott JHB Melrose Arch Johannesburg
- Protea Fire Ice Marriott JHB Melrose Arch
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice by Marriott Johannesburg Melrose Arch
- Protea Hotel Fire Ice by Marriott JHB Melrose Arch
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Up to 2 children 6 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.