Get an overview of this hotel5-star luxury hotel near South African Museum of Military History
Situated near the airport, this luxury hotel is within 2 mi (3 km) of Rosebank Mall, South African Museum of Military History, and Johannesburg Zoo. Killarney Golf Club and The Wanderers Golf Club are also within 1 mi (2 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a bar/lounge. Free full breakfast is provided, as well as free WiFi in public areas, free self parking, and free train station pick-up. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, a conference center, and spa services.
All 30 individually decorated rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and room service. Guests can enjoy deep soaking tubs, and other standard amenities include balconies, refrigerators, and flat-screen TVs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Winston Hotel
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A complimentary breakfast is offered each morning. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 646 square feet (60 square meters) include a conference center. This Beaux Arts hotel also offers an outdoor pool, spa services, and a library. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
The Winston Hotel has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 2
- Free breakfast
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Total number of rooms - 30
- Meeting rooms 2
- Conference space size (meters) - 60
- Year Built 2010
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 646
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Free parking nearby
- Free self parking
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
- Free train station pickup
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Television in common areas
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Long-term parking (surcharge), Free self parking, Free parking nearby
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Premium bedding
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Espresso maker
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
A complimentary full breakfast is served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
The Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in fusion cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 9 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 9 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for ZAR 600 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No pets or service animals allowed
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Early check-in fee: ZAR 600
- Late check-out fee: ZAR 600
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 600 per stay
- Winston Hotel
- Winston Hotel Johannesburg
- Winston Johannesburg
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 9 years old and younger are not permitted at this property. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
Awards & Affiliations
- The Winston Hotel is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.