Get an overview of this hotel5-star luxury hotel near South African Museum of Military History
Popular property highlights
Situated in the entertainment district, this luxury hotel is within 2 mi (3 km) of Rosebank Mall, South African Museum of Military History, and Johannesburg Zoo. Killarney Golf Club and The Wanderers Golf Club are also within 1 mi (2 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a bar/lounge. Free full breakfast is provided, as well as free WiFi in public areas, free self parking, and free train station pick-up. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a conference center, and spa services.
All 30 individually decorated rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and room service. Guests can enjoy deep soaking tubs, and other standard amenities include balconies, refrigerators, and flat-screen TVs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Winston Hotel
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast. A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Event facilities measuring 646 square feet (60 square meters) include a conference center. This Colonial hotel also offers an outdoor pool, spa services, and a library. Guests can use the health club at a partner property. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
The Winston Hotel has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 2
- Coffee shop or café
- Free breakfast
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Pool umbrellas
- Total number of rooms - 30
- Meeting rooms 2
- Free self parking
- Pool sun loungers
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Free parking nearby
- Year Built 2010
- Conference space size (feet) - 646
- Conference space size (meters) - 60
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Outdoor pool
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Free train station pickup
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Long-term parking (surcharge), Free self parking, Free parking nearby
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Premium bedding
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
Guests are offered a complimentary full breakfast.
The Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in local and international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 9 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 9 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for ZAR 600.0 per stay.
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 650 per room (one way)
- Early check-in fee: ZAR 600
- Late check-out fee: ZAR 600
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 600.0 per stay
- Winston Hotel
- Winston Hotel Johannesburg
- Winston Johannesburg
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 9 years old and younger are not permitted at this property. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Winston Hotel is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.