Get an overview of this hotel5-star luxury hotel near South African Museum of Military History
Popular property highlights
Situated in the entertainment district, this luxury hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Rosebank Mall and Killarney Golf Club. The Wanderers Golf Club and South African Museum of Military History are also within 2 mi (3 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a bar/lounge. Free WiFi in public areas, free self parking, and free train station pick-up are also provided. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a conference center, and spa services.
All 30 individually decorated rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and room service. Guests can enjoy deep soaking tubs, and other standard amenities include balconies, refrigerators, and flat-screen TVs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Winston Hotel
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 646 square feet (60 square meters) include a conference center. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. This Colonial hotel also offers an outdoor pool, spa services, and a library. Complimentary self parking is available on site. Guests can use the health club at a partner property.
The Winston Hotel has designated areas for smoking.
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 2
- Year Built 2010
- Express check-out
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Pool sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Free wired Internet
- Computer station
- Conference space size (meters) - 60
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Free parking nearby
- Conference space size (feet) - 646
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Free train station pickup
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 30
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Long-term parking (surcharge), Free self parking, Free parking nearby
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Premium bedding
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
The Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in local and international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 9 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 9 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for ZAR 600.0 per stay.
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 650 per room (one way)
- Early check-in fee: ZAR 600
- Late check-out fee: ZAR 600
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 600.0 per stay
- Winston Hotel
- Winston Hotel Johannesburg
- Winston Johannesburg
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 9 years old and younger are not permitted at this property. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Winston Hotel is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.