Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel5-star luxury hotel near South African Museum of Military History
Popular property highlights
Situated in the entertainment district, this luxury hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Rosebank Mall and Killarney Golf Club. The Wanderers Golf Club and South African Museum of Military History are also within 2 mi (3 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a bar/lounge. Free WiFi in public areas, free self parking, and free train station pick-up are also provided. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a conference center, and conference space.
All 30 individually decorated rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and room service. Guests can enjoy deep soaking tubs, and other standard amenities include balconies, refrigerators, and LCD TVs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Winston Hotel
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 646 square feet (60 square meters) include a conference center. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. This Colonial hotel also offers an outdoor pool, a library, and a terrace. Complimentary self parking is available on site. Guests can use the health club at a partner property.
The Winston Hotel has designated areas for smoking.
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 2
- Year Built 2010
- Express check-out
- Coffee shop or café
- Free self parking
- Pool sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Conference space size (meters) - 60
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Free parking nearby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 646
- Concierge services
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Free train station pickup
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 30
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge), Free self parking, Free parking nearby
- Towels provided
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Premium bedding
- Electric kettle
- Satellite TV service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (heating)
- Espresso maker
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
The Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in local and international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 5:30 AM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for ZAR 850.0 per night.
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: ZAR 180 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 650 per room (one way)
- Early check-in fee: ZAR min 700
- Late check-out fee: ZAR min 700
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 850.0 per night
- Winston Hotel
- Winston Hotel Johannesburg
- Winston Johannesburg
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Winston Hotel is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.