Travelers to Johanngeorgenstadt will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 303 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Karlovy Vary (KLV-Karlovy Vary Intl.), 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Johanngeorgenstadt
Places to visit in the larger region include Plesivec Ski Area, Schwarzenberg Castle, and Eibenstock Spa Gardens. You'll also find Bozi Dar Museum and Information Centre and Novako Ski Centre in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Johanngeorgenstadt, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 57 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Grandhotel Pupp is 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from central Johanngeorgenstadt. This 5-star hotel in Karlovy Vary features a full-service spa, a casino, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Grandhotel AMBASSADOR - Národní Dům is located 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the heart of Johanngeorgenstadt. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Karlovy Vary can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Spa Resort Sanssouci is 16.4 mi (26.3 km) from the center of Johanngeorgenstadt. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Karlovy Vary can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
Getting Around Johanngeorgenstadt
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Johanngeorgenstadt Station. Johanngeorgenstadt might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Johanngeorgenstadt
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 57°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Johanngeorgenstadt gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F