Visiting Joshua Tree National Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Joshua Tree National Park has to offer including the shopping, live music, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Joshua Tree National Park Oasis Visitor Center and Joshua Tree National Park West Entrance.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Thermal, CA (TRM-Jacqueline Cochran Regional), 26.4 mi (42.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bermuda Dunes, CA (UDD), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Joshua Tree National Park
Favorite family attractions include Cholla Cactus Garden and Barker Dam Trail. The city's natural beauty is on display at Joshua Tree National Park Oasis Visitor Center, Joshua Tree National Park West Entrance, and Joshua Tree National Park North Entrance. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fortynine Palms Oasis Trail and Arch Rock.
As you start planning for your getaway to Joshua Tree National Park, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 43 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Twentynine Palms is 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from the center of Joshua Tree National Park. This 2.5-star hotel in Twentynine Palms features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park is located 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the heart of Joshua Tree National Park. This 2.5-star hotel in Twentynine Palms features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Yucca Val/Joshua Tree Nat Pk Area is 37.1 mi (59.6 km) from central Joshua Tree National Park. This 2-star motel in Yucca Valley features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Empire Polo Club, 28 mi/45 km from the heart of the city, and Indian Wells Tennis Garden, which is 29.9 mi/48.2 km away.
Dressing for Joshua Tree National Park
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 106°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 107°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 96°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Joshua Tree National Park gets about 2.06 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 106°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F