Visiting Kalymnos Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Kalymnos Island has to offer including the parks, waterfront, and temples. The quaint and culturally-rich setting also entices those visiting the city. Tigaki Beach, Paradise Beach, and Kefalos Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 80 hotels and other accommodations in Kalymnos Island
- The closest major airport is in Kalymnos (JKL-Kalymnos Island National), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kos (KGS-Kos Island Intl.), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kalymnos Island
Cultural venues in the city include Agios Savvas Monastery, Maritime Museum of Kalymnos, and Folklore Museum of Kalymnos. Notable city landmarks like Castle of Chora and Castle of Chryssocheria might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Massouri Beach, Grande Grotta, and Myrties Beach.
In Kalymnos Island, you'll find 80 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Plaza - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Olympic Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and walkable location at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
Top places to see in the area include Tigaki Beach, 13.7 mi/22.1 km from the city center, and Paradise Beach, which is 16.3 mi/26.3 km away.
Dressing for Kalymnos Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Kalymnos Island gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 45°F