Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelTwin-tower Kansas City high rise near Bartle Hall
Popular property highlights
Close to theaters
With an underground connection to the Kansas City Convention Center, this downtown hotel is within 3 blocks of several theaters and 10 miles from the Truman Sports Complex.
Providing views of the Missouri River, the expansive top-floor health club at this Marriott hotel has an indoor lap pool and a fitness center; dining options include a casual restaurant and bar.
All 983 Kansas City Marriott Downtown guestrooms offer down comforters and 300-thread-count sheets, premium channels, coffeemakers, complimentary wireless Internet access, and complimentary weekday newspapers.
Kansas City Marriott Downtown
The Kansas City Marriott Downtown hotel has several facilities and amenities sure to make any stay comfortable. The hotel's Bar Central offers cocktails and light fare, and Krispy Kreme doughnuts are available in the lobby coffee bar. For recreation, guests enjoy a well-equipped health club with an indoor lap pool.
Located across from the convention center, this 22-floor Marriott hotel offers 91,570 square feet (8,507 square meters) of on-site meeting and event space, including 42 meeting rooms and 2 ballrooms. A business center provides printing, faxing, and copying services. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available, and complimentary newspapers are available in the lobby.
This hotel features a parking garage (surcharge), and valet parking is also provided for a surcharge. Accessible parking and other accessible facilities are available.
- Express check-in
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Fitness facilities
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Business center
- Billiards or pool table
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1988
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 17400
- Number of meeting rooms - 12
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Designated smoking areas
- Total number of rooms - 971
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 22
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Snack bar/deli
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels included
- Linens included
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Smart TV
- Number of bathrooms -
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free WiFi
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Pillowtop mattress
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Metropolitan KC - An airy street-level restaurant serving American cuisine for buffet breakfast and lunch and à la carte dinner.
Krispy Kreme doughnuts are available at the lobby coffee bar.
Bar Central - Cocktails and light dinner fare are available from late afternoon until late evening.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's health club includes an indoor lap pool, 24 cardiovascular machines, strength-training equipment, free weights, and complimentary towel service. Bicycles can be rented nearby.
The Riverfront Heritage Trail, a 9-mile (14.5-kilometer) paved path along the Missouri River, begins at the City Market a 0.5 miles (0.8 kilometers) from the hotel. Located 12.5 miles (20.1 kilometers) away, the Swope Memorial Golf Course offers an 18-hole, par 72 course.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 4 and USD 16 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 19.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 25.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Nearby parking fee: USD 12 per 24 hours
- Late check-out fee: USD 100
- Kansas City Downtown Marriott
- Kansas City Marriott Downtown
- Marriott Hotel Kansas City Downtown
- Marriott Kansas City Downtown
- Kansas City Marriott Downtown Hotel Kansas City
- Marriott Kansas City
- Kansas City Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Marriott Downtown Hotel
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.