Book your room at Hawaii Island Retreat
Please enter your travel dates.
Get an overview of this hotelBayside hotel with full-service spa and restaurant
Situated by the ocean, this spa hotel is within 2 mi (3 km) of Kamehameha Park, Kenjis House, and King Kamehameha Statue. Kamehameha Statue and Big Island Eco Adventures 2 are also within 3 mi (5 km).
Along with a full-service spa, this smoke-free hotel has a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a 24-hour fitness center, a spa tub, and a rooftop terrace are onsite.
This hotel has 16 rooms. Bathrooms are shared.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The hotel offers a restaurant. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to a full-service spa, Hawaii Island Retreat features an outdoor pool and a spa tub. Event facilities measuring 1200 square feet (111 square meters) include conference space and meeting rooms. This Victorian hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. Concierge services, wedding services, and tour/ticket assistance can be provided. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Hawaii Island Retreat is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Beach towels
- Pool umbrellas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 1200
- Conference space size (meters) - 111
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free long-term parking
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Free self parking
- Free WiFi
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Outdoor pool
- Pool sun loungers
- Rooftop terrace
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 16
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Wedding services
- Year Built 2009
Family Friendly Amenities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Outdoor pool
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking, Free self parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Free toiletries
- Shared bathroom with sink in room
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
Ula Ula Dining Room - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required.
Nearby Things to Do
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Ecotours on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Maluhia Spa has 5 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with a spa tub.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 6 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 5 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 25 per day.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Resort fee
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 25 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per day
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 5 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.