Get an overview of this hotelBayside hotel with full-service spa and restaurant
Popular property highlights
Situated by the ocean, this spa hotel is within 2 mi (3 km) of Kamehameha Park, Kenjis House, and King Kamehameha Statue. Kamehameha Statue and Big Island Eco Adventures 2 are also within 3 mi (5 km).
A full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool are available at this smoke-free hotel. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a 24-hour fitness center, a spa tub, and a rooftop terrace are onsite.
This hotel has 16 rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hawaii Island Retreat
The hotel offers a restaurant. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to a full-service spa, Hawaii Island Retreat features an outdoor pool and a spa tub. Event facilities measuring 1200 square feet (111 square meters) include conference space. This Victorian hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. Concierge services and wedding services can be provided. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Hawaii Island Retreat is a smoke-free property.
- Pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Rooftop terrace
- Beach towels
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 16
- Number of floors - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 3
- Picnic area
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free self parking
- Pool sun loungers
- Free long-term parking
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Year Built 2009
- Conference space size (feet) - 1200
- Conference space size (meters) - 111
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Outdoor pool
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking, Free self parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Free toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
Ula Ula Dining Room - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required.
Nearby Things to Do
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Maluhia Spa has 5 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with a spa tub.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 5 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Resort fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per stay
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 120 per vehicle (one way)
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Hotel
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat Hotel
- Hawaii Island Retreat Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Kapaau
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 5 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.