Visitors can enjoy all that Kapaau has to offer including the gardens, beaches, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights around the area include Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site and Hapuna Beach State Park.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Kapaau
- The closest major airport is in Kamuela, HI (MUE-Waimea-Kohala), 15.9 mi (25.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.), 37.6 mi (60.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kapaau
Notable city landmarks like Kamehameha Statue and King Kamehameha Statue might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Keokea Beach Park, Pololu Valley Overlook, and Kamehameha Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are ATV Outfitters and Kenjis House.
As you start planning your visit to Kapaau, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 17 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Hawaii Island Retreat is 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the center of Kapaau. This 4-star hotel in Kapaau features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Tropical Paradise at the Oceanview Banyan House With Wraparound Lanais is 1 mi (1.6 km) from central Kapaau. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star resort in Kamuela can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with a private lanai. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Keokea Beach Sweet Retreat is located 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from the heart of Kapaau. This 4-star resort in Kamuela features a golf course, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site, located 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from the city center, and Hapuna Beach State Park, which is 15.8 mi/25.5 km away.
Dressing for Kapaau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- About 79.21 inches of rain falls on Kapaau each year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 65°F