Visitors can enjoy all that Katana has to offer including the restaurants, coffeehouses, and gardens. The welcoming and tucked away setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Negombo Beach.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Katana
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 6.2 mi (9.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Katana
Negombo Beach is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find St Anthony's Church and Angurukaramulla Temple.
As you plan your vacation to Katana, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 334 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Fire Dragon Hideaway is located in the heart of Katana. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Katana can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Villa Elisabeth is 0.2 mi (0.4 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star villa in Katana can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private pool.
- Jetwing Blue is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Negombo can enjoy access to a winery and 2 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and pool.
Dressing for Katana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 2.09 inches of rain falls on Katana each year
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F