Visiting Káto Zákros
Travelers to Káto Zákros will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Toplou Monastery and Vai Palm Grove.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Káto Zákros
- The closest major airport is in Sitia (JSH), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Káto Zákros
A favorite place to visit in the city is Zakros Palace. In the area, you'll also find Toplou Monastery and Vai Palm Grove.
As you start planning your visit to Káto Zákros, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Terra Minoika Villas is located in central Káto Zákros. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Káto Zákros can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers love its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Stella's Traditional is located in the heart of Káto Zákros. This 2-star apartment in Káto Zákros features free breakfast, free WiFi, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Dimitra Apartments is 0.6 mi (1 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Káto Zákros can enjoy access to a restaurant and free valet parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
Dressing for Káto Zákros
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Average annual rainfall for Káto Zákros is 0.87 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 52°F