Visitors can enjoy all that Katori-shi has to offer including its parks. There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Ibaraki (IBR), 20 mi (32.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Katori-shi
Places to visit in the larger region include Gongenyama Park, Narita Dream Dairy Farm, and Daijion Temple. In the area, you'll also find Athletic Forest Nature Park Narita Airport Course and Komikado Shrine.
As you start planning for your getaway to Katori-shi, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 63 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- NIPPONIA Sawara Merchant Town Hotel is located in central Katori-shi. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star vacation home in Katori-shi can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers love its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Nikko Narita is located 0.6 mi (1 km) from the heart of Katori-shi. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Narita can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Narita Tobu Hotel Airport is 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the center of Katori-shi. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Narita can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Getting Around Katori-shi
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Chiba Sawara Station, Chiba Katori Station, or Chiba Oto Station. Katori-shi might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Katori-shi
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Katori-shi is 1.93 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F