Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kearney, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, riverfront, and entertainment choices.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Kearney
- The closest major airport is in Kearney, NE (EAR-Kearney Regional), 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grand Island, NE (GRI-Central Nebraska Regional), 44.3 mi (71.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kearney
Cultural venues in the city include Classic Car Collection, Nebraska Prairie Museum, and Museum of Nebraska Art. The city is notable for landmarks like Great Platte River Road Archway, The Frank House, and Veterans Memorial Wall. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Hilltop Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Kearney. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kearney - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Candlewood Suites Kearney - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Kearney - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Getting Around Kearney
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Ironhorse Station. Kearney might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kearney
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 13°F
- Average annual rainfall for Kearney is 25.20 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 15°F