Families will find kid-friendly activities in Keene, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, university setting, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Crotched Mountain Ski and Ride Area.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Keene
- The closest major airport is in Springfield, VT (VSF-Hartness State), 30.9 mi (49.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nashua, NH (ASH-Nashua Municipal), 40.5 mi (65.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Keene
The city is well known for its festivals and theaters, and cultural venues include Colonial Theatre, Peterborough Players, and Cathedral of the Pines. The city is notable for landmarks like Asbury United Methodist Church, Madame Sherris Castle Ruins, and Jaffrey Civic Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Granite Gorge, Spofford Lake, and Monadnock State Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Keene. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Benjamin Prescott Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Keene Downtown - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Keene Downtown - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Keene include Crotched Mountain Ski and Ride Area. A popular place to see outside the city is Pats Peak, located 29 mi (46.7 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Keene
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 9°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.58 inches of rain falls on Keene each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 11°F