Visitors can enjoy all that Kegalle has to offer including its monuments. A top sight in the area is Royal Botanical Garden.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Kegalle
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kegalle
A favorite place to visit in the city is Wewaladeniya King's Temple. Additionally, you'll find Royal Botanical Garden in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Kegalle, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 14 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Sleek is located in the heart of Kegalle. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kegalle can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Salika Inn is located in central Kegalle. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kegalle can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Kegalle
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 2.24 inches of rain falls on Kegalle each year
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F