History buffs will enjoy exploring Kennebunkport, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the area include Wadsworth-Longfellow House, Children's Museum of Maine, and Portland Museum of Art.
- You'll find 425 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Portland
- The closest major airport is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 12 mi (19.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Portland, ME (PWM-Portland Intl. Jetport), 21.4 mi (34.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kennebunkport
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Kennebunkport Village Green, Vaughn's Island Preserve, and Goose Rocks Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dock Square and First Families Kennebunkport Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Kennebunkport. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 1802 House Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean rooms and walkable location.
- The Tides Beach Club - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Captain Fairfield Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Kennebunkport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- About 51.73 inches of rain falls on Kennebunkport each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F