Visiting Key West
Travelers to Key West give high marks for the lively bar scene, seaside, and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and festivals. Top sights in the city include Audubon House and Tropical Gardens, Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, and Mallory Square.
- There are 425 hotels and other accommodations in Key West
- The closest major airport is in Key West, FL (EYW-Key West Intl.), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Key West
The city is well known for its live music and festivals, and cultural venues include Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Key West Art and Historical Society, and Key West Shipwreck Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Audubon House and Tropical Gardens, Mallory Square, and Southernmost Point. The sunsets and seaside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Smathers Beach, Key West National Wildlife Refuge, and Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park.
In Key West, you'll find 425 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- H2O Suites - Adults Only - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Key West Historic District can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and overall condition.
- The Marquesa Hotel - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and room size at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Key West Historic District can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with an in-room deep soaking tub.
- Coco Plum Inn - Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Key West Historic District can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Key West
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Key West is 39.76 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F