Visiting Kings Canyon National Park
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kings Canyon National Park, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its forests.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Kings Canyon National Park
- The closest major airport is in Bishop, CA (BIH-Eastern Sierra Regional), 39.1 mi (62.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kings Canyon National Park
The hiking trails, forests, and parks highlight the city's natural beauty, and Zumwalt Meadow, Roaring River Falls, and Boyden Cavern are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Buck Rock Lookout and Buena Vista Peak.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Montecito Sequoia Lodge - This 2.5-star hotel features ski slopes, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kings Canyon National Park
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- About 36.30 inches of rain falls on Kings Canyon National Park each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F