Visitors can enjoy all that Kirtipur has to offer including the temples, university setting, and monuments. Top sights around the area include Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Kirtipur
- The closest major airport is in Kathmandu (KTM-Tribhuvan Intl.), 4.9 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kirtipur
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Tribhuwan University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are TU Central Library and Adinath Temple.
As you plan your vacation to Kirtipur, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 647 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- KIRTIPUR HILLSIDE HOTEL & RESORT is located in the heart of Kirtipur. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kathmandu can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Shakya Residence is located in central Kirtipur. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Chobar features free WiFi, free parking, and a rooftop terrace.
- Hotel Yak & Yeti is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Kathmandu can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Pashupatinath Temple, 4.8 mi/7.7 km from the heart of the city, and Boudhanath, which is 5.9 mi (9.5 km) away.
Dressing for Kirtipur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kirtipur is 35.12 inches
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F