Posted Nov 2, 2016
I needed a place for my 10 year old daughter and I to stay the night before my brother's wedding. The first room we were assigned reaked of cigarette smoke. The front desk agent moved us immediately. The next room, I inspected- it seemed clean. I even checked around the base of the mattress. About 2:00 in the morning I noticed a bug crawl across the mattress. I pulled the covers back to find bed bugs crawling on the bed and on my child! I woke her and got her out of the bed and got her in the shower. The shower didn't even drain properly so she was standing in the dirty water trying to get clean. To her credit, the front desk agent was doing everything she could to help. She put us up in a new hotel, made sure we were refunded, called the manager, took photos, washed and delivered our laundry - there was no way I was leaving with the clothes we were sleeping in. She did everything she could do to assist. She deserves a promotion. However, the damage was done. My daughter would not even get in the bed at the other hotel, she was terrified. I had MAYBE 2 hours of sleep before my brother's wedding, which I was a bridesmaid. I've thrown out the luggage I was using because it was on the carpet. I've done my research to try and prevent it, but time will tell if any of these parasites managed to hitch a ride to my home. Hands down the worst travel experience of my life.