Visitors can enjoy all that Kothamangalam has to offer including the temples and forests. There are 138 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Cochin (COK-Cochin Intl.), 19.2 mi (30.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kothamangalam
A favorite place to visit in the city is Kallil Devi Temple. You'll also find Thattekad Bird Sanctuary and Kodanand Elephant Training Centre in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Kothamangalam, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 138 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Christu Krupa Holiday Home is 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from central Kothamangalam. This 5-star hotel in Edapalli features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size and walkable location.
- Kochi Marriott Hotel is 23.8 mi (38.4 km) from the center of Kothamangalam. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Alwaye can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Kochi Airport is located 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the heart of Kothamangalam. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Alwaye can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to the airport.
Dressing for Kothamangalam
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 98°F during the day and 65°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 98°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 66°F
- Kothamangalam gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 66°F