Travelers to Kuliyapitiya will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 42 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuliyapitiya
Places to visit in the larger region include Panduwasnuwara, Panduwasnuwara Museum, and Senanayake Aramaya. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan for your vacation to Kuliyapitiya, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 42 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Suriya Resort is 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from central Kuliyapitiya. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star resort in Kammala can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Waterland is located 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the heart of Kuliyapitiya. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Negombo can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- The Gateway Hotel Airport Garden Colombo is 18.8 mi (30.2 km) from the center of Kuliyapitiya. This 4.5-star hotel in Kochchikade features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Kuliyapitiya
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 2.44 inches of rain falls on Kuliyapitiya each year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F