Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelKyoto property near Kyoto International Manga Museum
Popular property highlights
In the city center, this 13-story hotel is two blocks from the Kyoto Art Center and five blocks from the Imperial Palace.
Built in 2007, the hotel elegantly combines Kyoto style and British heritage. It offers French and Japanese restaurants, a bar/cafe, banquet facilities, business services, and complimentary wireless Internet.
Hotel Monterey Kyoto guestrooms include European-style décor, Sleep Number mattresses, complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access, flat-screen TVs, and minibars.
Hotel Monterey Kyoto
Fees may not include tax and are subject to change without prior notification.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Year Built 2007
- Total number of rooms - 327
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 13
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Smoke-free property
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Soundproofed rooms
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- In-room massage available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Sleep Number by Select Comfort mattress
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
Where to Eat
Escale - Elegant French restaurant with skylight, serving lunch and dinner.
Zuientei - Kyoto-style Japanese cuisine; open for lunch and dinner.
The Library - British-style bar/cafe open for tea and cocktails.
Nearby Things to Do
- Hot springs on site
- Indoor mineral hot springs (Japanese-style onsen)
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 5 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for JPY 1200 per night.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: JPY 2600 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: JPY 1500 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: JPY 1200 per night
- Hotel Kyoto Monterey
- Hotel Monterey Kyoto
- Kyoto Hotel Monterey
- Kyoto Monterey
- Kyoto Monterey Hotel
- Monterey Hotel Kyoto
- Monterey Kyoto
- Monterey Kyoto Hotel
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. One child 5 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
Book a stay in any room type or rate plan category and receive complimentary use of a Handy smartphone service for complimentary local calls to 6 pre-selected countries, free loaded local city guides, and unlimited mobile internet access.
Full details available at check-in. Handy smartphone access available during dates of stay. Other restrictions may apply.