Visiting La Coruna
History buffs will enjoy exploring La Coruna, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments, and churches. Top sights in the city include Palexco Congress Centre, Orzan Beach, and Riazor Beach.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodations in La Coruna
- The closest major airport is in La Coruna (LCG), 4.9 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santiago de Compostela (SCQ-Lavacolla), 32.7 mi (52.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in La Coruna
Cultural venues in the city include Rosalia de Castro Theater, Museum of Fine Arts, and Emilia Pardo Bazan House Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Tower of Hercules, Galerias Corunesas, and Church of Santiago. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Orzan Beach, Riazor Beach, and San Amaro Beach.
In La Coruna, you'll be able to select from 69 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sercotel Blue Coruña - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a 24-hour fitness center and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and room size.
- Hotel Attica 21 Coruña - Our customers like the convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- NH Collection A Coruña Finisterre - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its bar and proximity to the airport.
Other top sights in La Coruna include Palexco Congress Centre.
Getting Around La Coruna
With so many transportation options, seeing La Coruna is easy. Head to La Coruna Station for metro transit. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at A Coruña Station.
Dressing for La Coruna
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for La Coruna is 1.34 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 47°F