Visiting La Verkin
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring La Verkin, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks. Welcoming and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its restaurants.
- You'll find 714 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. George
- The closest major airport is in St. George, UT (SGU), 17 mi (27.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in La Verkin
Places to visit in the larger region include Pah Tempe Hot Springs, Sky Mountain Golf Course, and Wells Fargo Silver Reef Museum. Additionally, you'll find Mollie's Nipple and Quail Creek State Park in the area.
In La Verkin, you'll find 56 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites La Verkin - Gateway To Zion - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Zion West Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Zion Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for La Verkin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 102°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for La Verkin is 8.15 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 98°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 31°F