Moderately good hotel;restaurant needs improvement
Posted Aug 16, 2016 on Orbitz
I stayed here for one night with family.
- Location is convenient and safe. About a mile from the Purdue campus and quite a few restaurants within a few minutes' drive
- Rooms appeared to be reasonably clean and well-maintained
- We turned on the heater because we were feeling a bit cold after coming in from the rain. Immediately, there was a burning smell in the room that was very strong and repulsive. When we called the front desk, they sent somebody over but the person just said that it is the smell of the heating element and that nothing can be done about it. Well, I've stayed in more than a dozen hotels in the last one year and I've never smelled anything so strong when I switched on the heater. Their refusal to look into it and resolve the problem was a bit disappointing. We had to sleep that night with the smell lingering in the room, and we did not turn on the heater again.
- The restaurant doesn't seem to be equipped to handle crowds. The staff looked very stressed out and disorganized.
- Elevator doors close a bit too fast for my comfort.