Visiting Lake Atitlan
Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Lake Atitlan, which is also known for its volcano viewpoints and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and local tours.
- There are 102 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Atitlan
- The closest major airport is in Guatemala City (GUA-La Aurora Intl.), 45 mi (72.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Atitlan
The lakeside and volcanoes exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Central Park and Cerro Tzankujil. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. James the Apostle Church and CHIYA Art Gallery.
In Lake Atitlan, you'll find 102 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- KAALPUL ATITLAN ECO HOTEL & SPA - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
- Casa Prana Hotel In Atitlan - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this resort. This 4-star resort features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Posada de Don Rodrigo Panajachel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Lake Atitlan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 54°F at night
- Lake Atitlan gets about 51.06 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 54°F