Mold and Mildew
Posted Dec 23, 2015
While the hotel appearance was clean, there was mold and mildew odors is several rooms. The staff were very helpful and accommodating in trying to place me in a room without the odors, the room I checked into was very strong and I went to the staff to see about moving or see if they had an ozone cleaner. They offered for me to check another room and it was just as strong. They offered a room on a different floor and it seemed to be better so I stayed the first night. The next morning I was totally congested from the exposure, so I purchased some Lysol and sprayed the room thinking it would help, left for a meeting. Upon return the odor was strong and I my head began to hurt from the exposure as well as making it difficult for me to breathe. It was after 2 pm, but decided for my health I should check=out of the hotel. I explained I couldn't stay another night and knew I might be required to pay for the night, but could not afford to stay due to health issues. They informed me I would still have to pay, I said fine, but was disappointed. I moved to a hotel without the mold and mildew issue, but it was too late my exposure caused me severe congestion, coughing and head issues making it difficult to enjoy my visit with my family. I am disappointed that hotels are not forced to inform their customers when they have a mold and mildew problem. This is a very dangerous health issue for everyone not just me.